Photo Credit: Jen Boccia Photography
Stephen E. Crum, P.E.
VICE PRESIDENT & DIRECTOR OF RESIDENTIAL / INSTITUTIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Mr. Crum joined Macris, Hendricks and Glascock in 1983 after completing his studies at the University of Maryland in Civil Engineering. As one of the firm’s vice presidents, he serves residential developers, institutional clients, and participates generally in the work of the office. He currently serves on the Montgomery County Department of Permitting Services Advisory Committee. He is Vice President of the Catoctin Branch of the American Society of Civil Engineers. He holds a Professional Engineering licenses from the State of Maryland and the District of Columbia. His professional interests include sustainable infrastructure design and affordable housing and has authored short articles on resilient design and current stormwater management practices.
- A.S. West Virginia Institute of Technology
- B.S.C.E. University of Maryland
“The Civil Engineering Degree – Education or Training”
- Classical music, Antiquing, Reading, Philately, Collecting maps, Vegetable gardening, and I am an unrepentant bibliophile.
- Born and raised on a third generation Frederick County, Maryland dairy farm ( I am not fond of bovines, hay or manure, hence Civil Engineering).
- I once cleared 5′-9″ in a high school track meet ( I was 5′-11″ at the time)
- Founding member of the Glade Valley Crooning Company (A barbershop music chorus).
“I always find that a second opinion is valuable, especially when it’s mine.”
– Sister Monica Joan