Construction began in 2019 to renovate the former courthouse to provide space for Montgomery County offices. The 98,625 square-foot four-story building was originally constructed in 1931. It is located within the Montgomery County Courthouse Historic District and is listed among the National Register of Historic Places by the Maryland Historical Trust.
MHG worked with the project development team to meet the County’s needs while also preserving the historic nature of the building. MHG was involved though the land entitlement, engineering, and construction phases for the project. MHG’s design scope included ADA access upgrades as well as landscape, water, and storm drain improvements.
Architect: Duane, Cahill, Mullineaux & Mullineaux, P.A.
Landscape Architect: MHG, P.A.
General Contractor: W.M. Schlosser
98,625 SF Four Story Building
Photography Credit: Jen Boccia Photography